Wednesday 25 September 2013

Famous People with Crohn's or Colitis - The Prescotts

The Prescott family are our first Family Ambassadors. Former Deputy Prime Minister Lord John Prescott's
daughter-in-law, Roz, has Ulcerative Colitis and the family have spoken publicly on ITV's This Morning and at Crohn's and Colitis UK events - including at the Houses of Parliament and No.10 Downing Street.

Roz says, "Before my diagnosis, I was always on the go, happy and determined and ambitious. After I was diagnosed with Colitis, everything changed. I knew nothing about the disease and it changed my life overnight. The symptoms can be debilitating ,painful, embarrassing and even frustrating, but my advice is you must fight it. Once you understand it, you can take control and eventually you will get back to some sort of normality. I found speaking to Crohn's and Colitis UK really helped me through a very difficult time."
"A week after giving birth to my daughter, Ava Grace, I was admitted to hospital for emergency surgery to remove my bowel, which resulted in me having to have an ileostomy bag."

For more of Roz' story watch her video:




For more information on all the Crohn's and Colitis UK Ambassadors and Champions visit the charity's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment