Monday 2 September 2013

Crohn's and Colitis UK Ambassadors Unveil New Video

The whole Prescott family - including Lord Prescott and his daughter-in-law Roz who has Ulcerative Colitis - have been fantastic ambassadors for  Crohn's and Colitis UK for a number of years. They've appeared on ITV and done lots of newspaper interviews to raise awareness for us.

Roz says, "Before my diagnosis, I was always on the go, happy and determined and ambitious. After I was diagnosed with Colitis, everything changed. I knew nothing about the disease and it changed my life overnight. The symptoms can be debilitating ,painful, embarrassing and even frustrating, but my advice is you must fight it. Once you understand it, you can take control and eventually you will get back to some sort of normality. I found speaking to Crohn's and Colitis UK really helped me through a very difficult time."

You can read more about Roz's harrowing story and great comeback here and watch a video featuring John and Roz Prescott.



No comments:

Post a Comment