Tuesday 12 November 2013

Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Art

Artist Laura Foote got in touch with us to share her artwork and new website.


"I have recently made a website with art on it that I think might be of support to those with the disease. I have had Crohn's Disease since I was 13 and it is quite aggressive in my case - I have had most of my intestines removed and replaced with an ileostomy. 

I haven't let it stop me and I have striven hard to continue with my degree in Modern Languages, study abroad and create art for everyone's enjoyment and also as a way of purging my anger and frustration at having this incurable condition. 

I have tried to subvert the anger into humorous images that can uplift and entertain; other images are purely about anger and pain, but in any case it might give others ideas on how they might be able to overcome it."


Check her website out: http://cargocollective.com/laurafootes

A massive thank you to Laura for getting in touch and sharing her amazing art - what an inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment